7.18.2008

Last day at work.

Today is my last day at my current job. It is kind of sad because I have been some pretty awesome people and I will miss them dearly. At the same time I can’t wait. Most of the people here have been great and I know that everyone has their moments but there will be a couple of people that I will not miss at all. Actually it is one of the main reasons that I left.

I understand that everyone goes through stuff in life and that it may change who they are. Some for the better and some for the worse but I will never understand how people can be just plain mean.

I have one person that I work with that has been the biggest problem. They refuse to accept any order basically help out. They constantly talk about me behind my back and on occasion I have heard a couple of “interpretations” of an event that is completely false. I will say that this has been the hardest one. That person was one that I helped a lot when I first started and I would take a lot of the jobs I knew where too touch so that they would not have to deal with it. I also tried to teach them things that they did not know how to do on the programs. In the end our friendship ended the day they tried to tell my boss that I was not relaying information and procedures to the department. Thank god that they know she is a bit of an exaggerator and didn’t take her seriously. I just felt like I had been taken advantage of. So as I took the knife out of my back I went ahead and ended all non-work related interaction with them. I refused and of course things just got better from there. The little comments and arguments became worse. The great thing was that since that person was known for that I was given great advice on how to handle it but not that I took it. I am not a passive person or at least I am to a certain extent and then I just blow up over a stupid thing. I swear that because of my experience with this I will NEVER want to be anybody’s boss. I feel that if you are a grown person you do what you have to do you do it without having someone on your ass telling you to do it. Oh and even better was the fact that person would complain about my work habits and yet they would disappear for 15 minutes about 5 times a day to take a smoke break and another 10 minutes 2-3 times a day to walk around and talk or “throw out the trash.”

Agh… I really just needed to vent that. I also have another person who asked me for a couple favors and never even bother to say thank you. They needed my services for a couple of things and they were always the type that gave attitude, was rude or mean and just treated you like crap all the time for no apparent reason and I still tried to over look it as nothing personal but when I recently did a small favor for her she didn’t even bother to thank me. I mean I have always tried to be nice to this girl, she’s gone through some shitty times but she doesn’t seem to soften up.

Oh well. It’s the end of my day here and I am sad in sating good bye to people. I am really going to miss them and the friendships I have formed. They have been the best people I have worked with and I only hope that I can find people like them in my new job… well except for those two.lol.

1 comment:

Nely said...

You're moving on to a bigger and better place, no need to look behind. As for the ppl u mention -total whorebags. And as for the one's you'll miss get emails and numbers and you can always keep in touch. Forget the rest. It's their loss.