7.16.2008

Ignorance is bliss? Well what is Pride?

Okay back from lunch and I am very upset. For those of you that read www.bookwormygirl.blogspot.com she touched on a subject that is just going crazy. We have a family feud and it’s just getting so upsetting. We have the wedding coming up and mike refuses to invite them. They refuse to see us. It is something so stupid but I can also see how it could have hurt him. No there is a family member that is really sick and no one wants to go visit because they fear that they will be turned away. I went once and I am afraid to go again incase I am not wanted. If god forbid that he passes will going to the funeral be forbidden? Those people have always been extremely nice and they are not even involved in this. When does it just go too far?

I mean that is his sister and he wasn’t included in a special part of his niece’s life. Everyone was but him. I can see how that can hurt. It can make you feel as if you aren’t important and I see that’s how he felt. Had they just told him and explained what happened this whole thing would have been avoided. Had he just told them that he didn’t like what happened it would have been avoided? I know if I was in his shoes I would not have said anything. I would have waited to see if they said anything to me and see if they cared enough that it bothered me. He says he doesn’t care but I could see it in him. He does.

I also understand that there is more history there than I can understand but I have had a similar situation happen in my family. My mom, grandmother and aunt had an argument with my uncle and it broke up the family for 10 years. Though that time we all had deaths, birthdays, graduations, babies and hardship where we could have been there for each other and instead pride got in the way and stopped us from being there. We went through things alone and in the end it was not worth it. All of that wasted time for something that should never stand in the way of family.

Now this fall-out isn’t between my family but between the family I am marrying into. I really love his family cuz they are as dysfunctional as mine but still together. I am extremely sad because his sister won’t share in our wedding, when her brother has his first child, through birthdays and they won’t be there through times when family is needed. Then I get upset because its all over something so small that a simple I am sorry would have fixed it all. I understand her not wanting to be the one to bend because she always has when it came to other family matters but this is a brother and sister. A brother who can be a jerk but never has gotten into a fight with her and who really had no fault in what has happened.

Anyways, maybe I shouldn’t be expressing my thoughts on this because it is not my family but it’s something that just really depresses me and I know will just divide the family more and more. Especially as events happen and people refuse to go so that they aren’t confronted.

1 comment:

Nely said...

it's all bullshit =)