3.10.2008

The Begining

So I am engaged and I thought this would be a great thing. That is until I realized I am engaged to a guy. Now don't get me wrong, I am happy and everything, but it was a harsh realization when I figured out they could care less about colors, favors or any other detail that involves their opinion. "Just do whatever you like dear" ... That can come to bite him in the ass later *evil laughter*

So I now find enjoyment in telling the guy that works with me (who's married and prob went through this with his wife) all the details my dear hubby could care less about. The guy does look at me like I am a weirdo, but oh well i am his boss and he has got to listen and smile.

Also let me start off by saying that although I am kinda secretly excited to be planning this I do find it a big waste of money. I know that is a shock to most bride-to-be's ears, but who cares. These things really are a big fat waste of money. You plan this event to mean something to you, you want it your way, and people will always say stupid things. If you like something one way and it's cheaper that way, people will say that you don't want to do it cuz you don't have money. If you do something to fancy people will say that your better then people and stupid for wasting money. So i have decided to let everyone kiss my ass and suck it up if they don't like it! Plan your own party.

Before we got engaged we had always talked about going to Vegas. When we got engaged I really wanted to go to Vegas. When I told my mom I was engaged, I told her I wanted to go to Vegas. My mom said NO.

Now had this been any other person telling me No, I would have laughed and continued on. BUT she played the "your my only daughter" card and I gave in. I know that I shouldn't have but since then she has gotten so happy and excited over planning this. I think thats what has actually gotten me on board. So now I am planning a wedding with a $3,000 budget. I will not spend more than that.

This blog will serve as my sounding board for stupid comments, feedback and whatever else I need to go on and on and on about :)

No comments: